Friday, February 18, 2011

Seeing changes

At the end of six weeks on Weight Watchers points plus plan (talk about alliteration) I have lost 17.6 pounds.  Only 117.4 remaining.  That's a bit depressing--so I'll choose to focus on the positives. 

I've been able to wear clothes this week that have been hanging in my closet for nearly a year, having grown too small as I grew too large.  It's felt good.  I wore clothes to last night's WW meeting that I'd been wearing and one of my new WW friends told me to get rid of them--that they are way too baggy now.  While I'm not sure about that, there is a definite difference. 

I'm very comfortable with the plan now and no longer think I'm "doing it wrong".  I'm also gaining confidence that the step-down in allowed points+ is going to keep me losing all the way to goal and help me learn to maintain.  I started with a daily allowance of 40 points+ and with what I've lost now am currently at 36.  The lowest it will drop is 29. 

I also love it that I have the weekly flex points+ that I can use all at once if I have a special occasion or spread out for a little extra each day.  And although I haven't really started exercising yet, I love it that when I'm ready to add that that I can earn extra activity points+, exchanging activity for extra fuel if I need it. 

Meetings?  I'm enjoying them more than I thought I would.  There is something somewhat energizing about physically sitting down in a room with a group of people who have a common goal.  I love the online tools and am utilizing the online community (bulletin board) some too, although I have a group of online friends whose support is more meaningful. 

I'm finding I want to take care of other things I've neglected at the same time I've been letting my weight go (and grow).  For instance, I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning--first time I've been in to have anything done with my hair since right before school started last August.  It just hasn't been important to me, I think largely because I wasn't happy with how I looked or felt and just didn't care. 

All-in-all, life is looking up as the number on my scale moves down.  Thank you WW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment