Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Little Things

Wow life has been busy.  But as of last Thursday, I'm officially 9 pounds lighter, and I'm looking forward to this week's weigh-in.  Looking forward to a weigh-in?  Did I just say that? 

Besides the drop in the scale, I had a couple of other affirmations this week that things are moving the right direction.  I put on a pair of drawstring pants last weekend that I haven't been able to tie in awhile--the drawstring wasn't long enough to tie.  Suddenly, I had a couple inches on each side--enough to tie in a small bow.  Now maybe not everyone gets excited about tying a bow in a drawstring, but I did. 

And, like most of the rest of the country, we are in the middle of a major winter storm right now.  I got my heavy coat out of the closet, dreading putting it on because the last time I wore it the sleeves felt tight and I couldn't button it.  Well--the sleeves are fine and I can button most of the buttons, only the very bottom "hip" buttons still don't quite meet. 

I just used 4 of my PointsPlus on a cup of really good hot cocoa.  That's the best thing about Weight Watchers.  These are MY PointsPlus to use as I see fit.  I find it very generous and I am not hungry.  I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong because I'm eating things that are NOT diet food--but I'm still losing weight.  I'm sure there will be bumps in the road ahead, but right now I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment